What candy is vegan? If you’re looking for some tasty sweets that don’t harm animals, this is the post you need to read!
As a vegan, it can be difficult to find snacks that fit into your lifestyle. This is especially true when it comes to candy. There are many types of candy that contain milk or eggs, which are not vegan-friendly.
But, there are also plenty of vegan-friendly candies available on the market.
If you’re looking for some delicious and vegan-friendly treats, check out this list of vegan candy below!
Popular Vegan Candies
Luckily, there are quite a few popular vegan snacks that you might enjoy. Here are some of the popular candies that are vegan:
- Jolly Ranchers, All Standard Flavors
- Sour Patch Kids
- Smarties Candy Rolls
- Dum Dums Lollipops
- Bottle Caps
- Mamba Fruit Chews
- Swedish Fish
- Cracker Jacks, Original Recipe
- Hubba Bubba Chewing Gum
Other Types of Candy That Are Not Vegan
It’s not all good news though. Many other popular candies are not vegan. So, what kind of candy is vegan? Some contain milk and others include gelatin, which is produced from animals.
- Junior Mints
- Candy Corn
- Milk Duds
- Milky Way
- Snickers Bar
- 3 Musketeers
Non-Vegan Ingredients to Watch Out For
So, it’s important to be careful with your choices when you are purchasing candy. If you are a serious vegan, don’t just assume that all types of candy are okay to eat. Learn the labels and read carefully before you take a bite!
- Carmine is a red dye that is often used in candies to make them look pink. It’s made from cochineal insects.
- Gelatin is a binding agent that is made from the skin and bones of animals.
- Whey is often used in candy. It’s made from the liquid left over when milk has been curdled and strained.
- Sugar can be refined with bone char, which makes it unsuitable for vegans. If you are looking to avoid processed sugars altogether, try vegan-friendly sweeteners like agave.
- Shellac is a coating that makes candies shine. It’s made from the secretions of the female lac bug.
- Beeswax is another ingredient that vegans and vegetarians try to avoid. It’s made from bees and used as a coating on gummy bears, candy corn, jelly beans, and more.
The best way to tell what kind of candy you can eat is by checking the label carefully before purchasing it.
What Candy Is Vegan FAQ
Are jelly beans vegan?
Even though Jelly Belly jelly beans aren’t vegan, Jolly Rancher has vegan jelly beans available in strawberry, grape, blue raspberry, apple, and watermelon flavors.
What candy can a vegan eat?
You can pick from Twizzlers, Sour Patch Kids, Jolly Ranchers, Hubba Bubba Chewing Gum, Skittles, and other candies.
What candy bar is vegan?
Unreal Snacks Dark Chocolate Almond Cups, Nelly’s Organics Caramel Nougat, Green & Black Organics Maya Gold Dark Chocolate, and GIGANTIC! Hazelnut Cafe are a few examples of vegan candy bars.
What candy can vegans not eat?
Vegans cannot eat candies that contain gelatin or other animal-derived products, such as Gummy Bears, Starburst, Candy Corn, and Junior Mints.
Are any Hershey bars vegan?
The new Hershey chocolate bars, which include oat milk, are vegan: the Classic Dark Chocolate and Extra Creamy Almond & Sea Salt flavors. They are also Rainforest Alliance certified, made with cocoa grown under fair conditions, and non-GMO.
Is Twix vegan?
Twix is not vegan. It contains milk.
Is M&M vegan?
M&Ms are not vegan, they do contain animal-derived additives. None of the current flavors, including the peanut, dark chocolate, or mint M&MS, are plant-based.
Closing on What Candy Is Vegan
In the world of candy, not all candies are created equal. Fortunately for those who strictly follow a vegan diet, there’s plenty to choose from that is just as delicious as other snacks on the market.
What type of vegan-friendly candies do you enjoy?